Thanks to Jim Goss, one of the best safety Professionals I know, for the list below of common OSHA Crane Citations.
- Signal person not qualified
- Materials not rigged by a qualified rigger
- No documentation for the signal person
- No annual inspections performed by a qualified person
- No determination for working radius closer than 20 feet to a power line.
- Operators manual, load charts, hazard warnings , etc.. not in the cab at all times
- A determination for safety was not made by competent person after a deficiency was noted during a visual inspection.
- Monthly crane inspection results, missing or signed documentation not maintained
- Inspections not performed annually by a qualified person or as specified
- Missing labels supplied by the manufacturer